Location:Highfield Park, Llangwyfan, Denbighshire
Hours of Work:40 hours per week – Monday to Friday 9:00-17:00
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 (Depending on experience)
About the role
The role of HR Manager will be to guide the organisation to develop a HR strategy and operational plan that reflects the aims and objectives of the MHC Strategic Plan.
The HR Manager will consistently deliver a pro-active and professional HR service to the business through developing effective partnerships with all staff ensuring that HR remains an integral part of MHC.
Duties and responsibilities
Recruitment & Selection
The role of HR Manager will be to review all recruitment processes and practices to ensure all vacancies are filled in the most cost-efficient way and within the shortest time possible. The HR function will be responsible for identifying effective and appropriate recruitment methods for all vacancies.Employee Relations
As the most Senior HR Practitioner in the organisation, the HR Manager will be responsible for designing and developing MHC’s workforce strategy. Taking the lead on all Employee related issues including:
- Support, oversee and manage complex employee relations casework including performance management, conflict resolutions, Disciplinaries, grievances, whistleblowing, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Assist and advise Managers on performance management, conflict resolution, disciplinary and grievance issues, providing coaching to Managers as required and preparing relevant correspondence.Where required, attend meetings in person to support Management and ensure procedural compliance.
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and share best practice with them.
- Develop HR policy and procedures that align with the company’s goals, drive performance and mitigate disputes. Continuously monitor and review HR policy and procedures and implement changes or improvements where necessary.
- Assist in absence management procedures and follow up actions as required, e.g. arranging meetings with Occupational Health, communication with employees as required.
- Reviewing and updating the equality and diversity strategy, making recommendations on best practice and legislation.
- Carry out regular visits to Homes to assist with general HR coaching/training and provide a forum for discussion.
- Production of strategic HR data reports on recruitment, staffing and ER issues and where required, identifying and analysing trends within the data.
- Continue to seek improvement to the HR service provided and efficiency by implementing new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
- Ensuring the grievance and disciplinary procedures are adhered to by all staff and to empower the Operations Team to undertake investigations & hearings on behalf of MHC.
- To link in with the Workforce team to monitor staff turnover and ensuring that exit interviews are carried out, analysing and reporting on findings.
Management Responsibility As the HR manager for MHC, you will ensure the HR Department is always customer focused, delivering an excellent service to the organisation. You will also attend management meetings where strategic and higher-level operational input are required.
Working closely with senior team to develop staff skills including highlighting needs and recommendations made through the staff appraisal process.Staff Training & Development
To ensure terms and conditions and policies and procedures are up-to-date and comprehensive with regard to legislation and best practice.HR Policy & Procedures
What MHC can offer
It is an exciting time to join MHC as our new leadership team are looking for committed individuals who will genuinely care, support and protect the adults we look after. If you have the compassion, commitment and capability to work for us, we will give you a career that you can be proud of.
Through a combination of online learning, comprehensive training, coaching and a supportive environment, we’re committed to helping you flourish and deliver excellent standards of care to the people we support.
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive pay
- Long service reward at year 5
- Career development and training
- Work place pension
- Free meals and on-site parking
- Free eye care vouchers
- Blue light card discounts
- Enhanced maternity package
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Flexible working with opportunities for overtime
How to apply
If you are an experienced Recruitment Lead, or if you feel you can make a real difference to the lives of others, we want to hear from you!Please complete the short application or upload your CV. Alternatively for an informal discussion about this role you can contact the Head of Support Services, Donna Williams on 01824 790 600 or alternatively, contact the MHC Workforce Team on 01824 572020.
MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
(All successful applicants must be at least 18 years old)
(We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest).