Salary: £22,790 – £26,924 per annum (dependent on experience)
Requirements: The ability to work in care environments showing sensitivity to residents and patients, experience of working in similar role, knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
Hours of Work: 42.5 per week with flexibility to accommodate the needs of the services
Contract Type: Permanent
Company Funded Benefits: Free DBS check, Flu vaccination and Hepatitis B vaccination
About the Role: The purpose of the Maintenance Operative will be to carry out the day-to-day maintenance on the fabric of the buildings, its services and grounds in order to ensure that they are maintained in a safe, efficient, functional order with a high standard of care. To maintain the environment of the services to an agreed standard to enable the staff to support the residents / patients to achieve the best possible outcomes. To proactively take responsibility of Health & Safety to ensure all MHC services and environments are compliant and safe.
Duties and responsibilities include;
- Report any faulty appliances, damaged furniture / equipment and any other potential hazard to the key internal stakeholders, who will instruct accordingly
- Ensure the interior and exterior of the Service is maintained to a high standard
- Maintain and complete Health and Safety checks ensuring clear records are retained at all times, this includes recording of water and fridge temperatures, fire alarms, exits and emergency lighting
- Report immediately to the key internal stakeholders any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a client, colleague, self or other
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the company, by maintaining and demonstrating a positive attitude towards clients, staff and others
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all matters concerning the Services, Clients, Staff and related work
Please see full job description for a more detailed list of duties and responsibilities.
Skills: Ability to maintain work logs, full UK driving licence, general IT skills, painting and decorating skills, teamwork, self-motivation, problem solving.
Benefits of Working with us:
- On-site parking available
- Free Eye Care Vouchers
- Comprehensive Learning & Development Package
- Work Place Pension with Legal & General where applicable
Equal Opportunities: MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to Apply: Please complete the short application or upload your CV, alternatively for an informal discussion about this role you can contact Michelle Oatway on 01824 790600 or MHC Workforce on 01824 572 020.
*Please note, successful candidates must be aged 18 or over*
(We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest).
We are able to facilitate interviews via our virtual platform, additional cleanliness measures have been put in place in all MHC services to ensure the safety of our residents, patients and staff is maintained. Masks are also available to all visitors.