OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – NEWTON HOUSE, BLACKPOOL, FY3 8NU
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join our existing friendly team immediately!
- 24 – 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday (part-time or full-time vacancy available)
- £21,234.60 – £35,391 per annum
Requirements: BSc Hons or Diploma in Occupational Therapy/ Clinical supervision training/experience. Registration with the Health Care & Professional Council and have at least two years’ clinical experience working within Mental Health rehabilitation.
As an Occupational Therapist you will:
- Provide flexible, attentive and non-discriminatory care to improve and sustain patients’ overall quality of life.
- Have excellent communication skills, a person centre approach and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Support the Hospital Manager and Multi-Disciplinary Team in all aspects of the Hospitals Clinical and Operational management.
- Assist in the clinical support of the patients, developing and writing treatment plans, therapeutic timetables and monthly patient activity reports.
- Be part of a wider network of Occupational Therapists within the company providing peer group supervision, sharing best practice and innovative ideas for service and professional development.
- Be involved in the direct supervision and management of OTA’s.
- Be involved in development and evaluation of all aspects of service provision in the hospital, within policy guidelines ensuring that all relevant legislation, organisational policies and procedures and codes of practice are adhered to.
Situated a mile from the seaside town of Blackpool, Newton House Independent Hospital provides locked rehabilitation, habilitation and treatment to up to 21 men living with complex and enduring mental health conditions.
Benefits of Working for us:
- A rewarding career you can be truly proud of
- A supportive environment that is committed to helping you flourish and deliver excellent care to the people we support.
- Competitive pay
- Long service reward at year 5
- Career development and training
- Workplace pension
- Free eye care vouchers
- Blue light card discounts
- Enhanced maternity package
- Refer a friend bonus scheme.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.