Salary: £18 per hour
Requirements: Registered RGN, clinical supervision training and experience, In-Patient Mental Health working, management of patients with complex needs
Hours of Work: 16 / 20 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
About the role: The desirable post holder will be an experienced RGN, who acting within their professional boundaries will provide physical health care for the patients from initial history taking, clinical assessment, treatment and evaluation of care.
- Ensuring every patient at Newton House has an up to date in depth physical health care plan.
- Review the care plans on a regular basis to reflect patient’s change in needs.
- To ensure patients physical health observations are completed in relation to their individual needs on a regular basis.
- Monitor patient’s physical health and provide early intervention when concerns arise.
- Be the liaise lead between Newton House, hospitals and the GP surgery.
- Be the communicator between external MDT members such as the diabetic team, podiatrist etc.
- Take lead responsibility for stock control of patient’s physical health medication.
- Promote physical health and healthy lifestyles for our patients. Including the running of health groups i.e. well man’s clinic, sexual health.
- Ensure equipment related to physical health needs are kept in good condition and in date.
- Be the lead person for the hospital on patient falls. Including monitoring the number of falls that occur.
- Provide a phlebotomist service to the hospital.
- Lead on patient choking interventions.
- Manual handling lead/trainer.
About the Service: Situated a mile from the seaside town of Blackpool, Newton House Independent Hospital provides locked rehabilitation, habitation and treatment to up to 21 men living with complex and enduring mental health conditions.
Benefits of Working with us:
- Meals Provided
- On-site parking available
- Free Eye Care Vouchers
- Work Place Pension with Legal & General
- Comprehensive Learning & Development Package
- Progression Opportunities
- Preceptorship Packages
Company Funded Benefits: MHC values the skills of Staff Nurses and will reimburse your annual registration fees following successful completion of your probationary period. MHC benefits also include; free DBS check, flu vaccination and Hepatitis B vaccination.
Equal Opportunities: MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to Apply: Please complete the short application and upload your CV, alternatively for an informal discussion about this role you can contact Phil Cartwright on 01253 304433 or MHC Workforce on 01824 572020.
(We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest).