- 7.5 – 28 hours per week (weekends)
- £10.07 – £10.74 per hour (dependent on experience)
About the role
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and empathetic individuals who are available to work weekend shifts at services on Highfield Park, Llangwyfan. There are a number of residential services on Highfield Park, each supports varied client groups covering all levels of learning disability, severe and complex behavioural problems, autism and secondary mental health problems. We are looking for individuals to join our existing dedicated, qualified and capable staff team who put the people living here at the heart of what we do, by supporting them to achieve their full potential through well planned support and care. We strive to help people remain as independent as possible and to maximise their quality of life.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Actively supporting the communication style and programme prescribed for any individual.
- Through training, mentoring, self-reflection and experiences, developing an empathetic approach to supporting the needs of individuals.
- Provide skilled support which positively impacts individual’s health and wellbeing, whilst enabling people to fulfil their potential.
- Developing person centred working relationships with individuals, utilising Autism specific approaches and evidence based methods, these interventions may utilise approaches such as the SPELL framework, TEACCH and other such frameworks.
- Enable residents to lead a meaningful life through the implementation of a person centred support plan.
Located in a picturesque part of North Wales, Highfield Park has 13 residential services for adults who have a learning disability, autism, challenging behaviour, mental health issues or complex behaviours. Each home is a specialist provision with its own dedicated staff team.
What MHC can offer
It is an exciting time to join MHC as our new leadership team are looking for committed individuals who will genuinely care, support and protect the adults we look after. If you have the compassion, commitment and capability to work for us, we will give you a career that you can be proud of.
Through a combination of online learning, comprehensive training, coaching and a supportive environment, we’re committed to helping you flourish and deliver excellent standards of care to the people we support.
Benefits of working with us;
- Competitive pay
- Long service reward at year 5
- Career development and training
- Work place pension
- Free meals and on-site parking
- Free eye care vouchers
- Blue light card discounts
- Enhanced maternity package
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Flexible working with opportunities for overtime
Equal Opportunities: MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to Apply: Please complete the short application and upload your CV, alternatively for an informal discussion about this role you can contact MHC Workforce on 01824 572 020.
(We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest).