Assistant Activities Coordinator – Meols Drive, Hoylake
We are looking for an Assistant Activities Coordinator to join our existing friendly team immediately!
Salary: £10.10 per hour
Requirements: Current valid driving license, experience of supporting individuals with a learning disability, good IT skills, effective communicator, ability to engage in fitness based activities with residents
Hours of Work: 40 per week with flexibility to accommodate the needs of the service
Contract Type: Permanent
Benefits of Working with us:
- Competitive pay
- Long service reward at year 5
- Career development and training
- Work place pension
- Free meals and on-site parking
- Free eye care vouchers
- Blue light card discounts
- Enhanced maternity package
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Flexible working with opportunities for overtime
Company Funded Benefits: Free DBS check, Flu vaccination and Hepatitis B vaccination
About the Role: The Assistant Activities Coordinator will assist in providing a quality Activity service for the residents at Meols Drive. The hours for the position will be Flexible to accommodate the activities of the residents and will consist of weekdays, weekends or late evenings.
We are looking for a positive, creative, enthusiastic person to join the Meols Drive team and be person centred in their care approach. The Activities assistant will work alongside the current Activities Coordinator and will help to maintain and implement an effective activity structure for the home.
Some roles and responsibilities of the Assistant Activities Coordinator are;
- To undertake delegated tasks to contribute to the smooth running of the service
- Formulate risk mitigation plans and risk assessments for activities while working alongside Activities Coordinator
- Monitoring engagement of activities both in-house and in the community
- Continue the promotion and participation of activities when Activities Coordinator is on leave or at meetings
- Managing resident’s finances and allocating accordingly
- Facilitating and planning resident’s activities when requested, writing reports, sourcing out activities for the residents
- Promoting and hosting in-house activities and residents in-house daily workshops
- Ability to confidently and professionally present activity reports or attend meetings with external professionals
- Liaise with management for any other guidance, however you will be supervised by current Activities Coordinator
- Liaise with Key Nurses and Key Workers at all times to discuss the resident’s progress, changes of activities and any requests needed
- Flexibility in being able to support the support staff on the floor in activities if necessary
- Report to Activities Coordinator for regular review of activities, overall engagement and strategy meetings
- Liaise with Activities Coordinator and Key Workers to plan birthdays, events, and holidays
- Liaise with families for visits or holidays
- Carry out residents meetings
- Assess resident’s attention to daily living skills and ensure the allocation is carried out
Skills: Strong communicator, creative, motivated, ability to cope in challenging situations, understand and support individuals to lead a good quality of life whilst achieving positive outcomes along the way. Excellent IT skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
About the Service: Situated in the coastal town of Hoylake, Meols Drive boasts panoramic views over Liverpool bay and the Royal Liverpool Golf Course. The service provides residential with nursing support to men (aged 18 years+) living with a learning disability and/ or additional complex needs including Autism and Mental Health conditions.
Equal Opportunities: MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to Apply: Please complete the short application and upload your CV, alternatively for an informal discussion about this role you can contact Konie Bwoni on 0151 632 7010 or MHC Workforce on 01824 572 020.
Successful candidates must be aged 18 or over.
Please note that from 11th November 2021, it will become mandatory in England for all care home workers to be fully vaccinated to protect themselves, colleagues and Service Users from the COVID-19 virus. Unfortunately, unless you are medically exempt under the regulations, if you have not received your first dose of the vaccine by 16th September 2021, we are unable to consider your application.
(We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest).
We are able to facilitate interviews via our virtual platform, additional cleanliness measures have been put in place in all MHC services to ensure the safety of our residents, patients and staff is maintained. Masks are also available to all visitors.