STATUS: Full Time/ Permanent
REPORTING TO: Director of finance
PLACE OF WORK: MHC, Central Office Alexander House, Llangwyfan, LL16 4LU
SALARY: £45,000 -£55,000 depending on experience
About the role;
Working within an existing Finance and Accounts team, using SAGE 200, the main responsibilities of this role will be:
- Oversee the day to day financial transactions for a sub-group of the MHC group of companies.
- Monthly preparation and analysis of management accounts, including accruals, prepayments, ledger reconciliations and closure and highlighting spend against budget within group reporting timetable
- Maintaining the fixed asset register including the monthly depreciation calculation and reviewing Assets under Construction accounts
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations including control accounts and bank reconciliations
- Petty cash on site audits
- Working with the Finance Team and Operations Team to produce budgets, forecasts and tender information.
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Preparation of monthly group consolidations and cash flow statements
- Input into management reporting including building excel macros to support the reporting process.
- Working with external tax advisers on finalising statutory accounts and all reporting requirements and tax computations, R&D claims as applicable, for all group companies.
- Implement cash flow forecasting on a company by company and consolidated basis for the sub-group
- Assist with the implementation of the new SAGE 200 upgrade and additional modules
- Liaise with external stakeholders (bank, auditors, companies house) as and when required
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting and projects.
- The opportunity to develop the role and the improve analysis, reporting, financial support and training to your internal customers
- To be an integral part of the finance team assisting in the development of process improvement and information provision
Benefits of Working with us:
- Competitive pay
- Long service reward at year 5
- Career development and training
- Work place pension
- Free meals and on-site parking
- Free eye care vouchers
- Blue light card discounts
- Enhanced maternity package
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Flexible working with opportunities for overtime
What MHC can offer
It is an exciting time to join MHC as our new leadership team are looking for committed individuals who will genuinely care, support and protect the adults we look after. If you have the compassion, commitment and capability to work for us, we will give you a career that you can be proud of.
Through a combination of online learning, comprehensive training, coaching and a supportive environment, we’re committed to helping you flourish and deliver excellent standards of care to the people we support.
We understand that our staff teams are the key to the outstanding care and support we offer. This is why we invest in our team, offer flexible working, competitive pay, work-life balance, progression opportunities, QCF Health and Social Care qualifications, eye care vouchers and a workplace pension.
How to apply
Please complete the short application or upload your CV. Alternatively for an informal discussion about this role you can contact Finance Director, Denise Russell on 01824 790600 or alternatively contact MHC Workforce on 01824 572020.
MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
(All successful applicants must be at least 18 years old)
(We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest).