HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
Salary:£48,000 – £55,000 per annum (DOE)
Hours of Work:40 per week (Monday – Friday)
Location: Based in Alexander House, Llandyrnog. Travel required between MHC and Young Foundations Homes and Schools across the UK.
Contract Type: Permanent
- Knowledge and previous track record of delivery of H&S management systems across multiple sites
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining procedures and systems for investigating, reporting and analysing risks, accidents, incidents and other safety matters and giving advice on preventative and remedial actions where appropriate to minimize/eliminate hazards
- Experience of third-party support in audits and regulatory inspections
- Ability to drive and access to own vehicle
- Ability to travel and stay overnight as required for the role
About the role:
To be the Health and Safety Manager for MHC UK and Young Foundations, registered with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). To be appropriately qualified to hold the role of Health and Safety Manager in the UK. To ensure that company complies with UK law on health and safety in all its sites.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To update, monitor and review corporate H&S policies and procedures, guidance, risk assessments and safe working practices in consultation with operational colleagues.
- To develop and maintain professionally appropriate relationships with all internal stakeholders, primarily the managers of care and education services, to ensure that UK law on health and safety is complied with, without compromising the company’s primary task of delivering efficient and effective high-quality services to our clients.
- To develop and maintain sufficient and appropriate knowledge of the statutory frameworks which govern health and safety at work in the UK, and to provide guidance on their practical application to the directors and managers of MHC and Young Foundations.
- Provide to managers and staff, clear concise H&S advice and practical solutions on matters that needs to be addressed e.g. on existing and new risks, non-compliance and changes relating to legislation.
- To provide out of hours telephone support to the managers of care and education services as required, and in an emergency to attend any of our UK sites if directed to by your line manager.
- In partnership with the managers of care and education services, to hold regular forums, with an appropriate written record, to review the company’s performance in health and safety at work. To collate and communicate learning from these forums across the company to improve the company’s performance in health and safety at work in all sites.
Why work for us:
- A rewarding career you can be truly proud of
- A supportive environment that is committed to helping you flourish
- Free eye care vouchers to all employees
- Enhanced annual leave entitlement
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Package
- Long Service Award
- Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
*Please note, successful applicants must be at least 18 years old*