JOB TITLE: Management Accountant
REPORTING TO:Head Of Finance
PLACE OF WORK:MHC, Central Office Alexander House, Llandyrnog.
Working within an existing Finance and Accounts team, using SAGE Intact, the main responsibilities of this role will be:
- Oversee the day to day financial transactions for a sub-group of the MHC group of companies.
- Assist in the monthly preparation and analysis of management accounts, including accruals, prepayments, general ledger reconciliations as required.
- Management of the purchase ledger function and review of the aged creditors to ensure that all suppliers are paid on time and that all expenditure is correctly reported.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register including the monthly depreciation calculation and reviewing Assets under Construction accounts.
- Preparing/reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations including control accounts and bank reconciliations.
- Management of Petty cash for the group in addition to on site audits.
- Working with external auditors during the annual audit to provide all information required in a timely and accurate manner as well as assisting in finalising statutory accounts.
- Maintenance of cash flow forecasting on a company by company and consolidated basis.
- Liaise with external stakeholders (bank, auditors, companies house) as and when required
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting and projects.
- The opportunity to develop the role and the improve analysis, reporting, financial support and training to your internal customers.
- To be an integral part of the finance team assisting in the development of process improvement and information provision
- Management & development of 2 x finance assistants.
Located in a picturesque part of North Wales, Alexander House is the Head Office of MHC located at Highfield Park, which has 13 residential services for adults who have a learning disability, autism, challenging behaviour, mental health issues or complex behaviours. Each home is a specialist provision with its own dedicated staff team.
Why work for us:
- Competitive pay
- Long service reward at year 5
- Career development and training
- Workplace pension
- On-site parking
- Free eye care vouchers
- Blue light card discounts
- Enhanced maternity package
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
*Please note, successful applicants must be at least 18 years old*