Psychologist (Clinical, Forensic or Counselling) – New Hall Independent Hospital, Wrexham, LL14 6HB
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Requirements: HCPC registration as a Clinical, Forensic or Counselling Psychologist
Hours of Work: Full time or part time available
Contract Type: Permanent
About the role: We are seeking to recruit a Clinical, Forensic or Counselling Psychologist, to be based at New Hall Independent Hospital in Ruabon, Wrexham.
We are looking for an innovative and motivated Clinical, Forensic or Counselling Psychologist to lead and develop psychology services in New Hall. This will include opportunities to be innovative and to develop psychological therapy approaches and interventions to meet the individual needs of the patients. We are looking for someone with relevant experience from previous practice. We would be interested to hear from Consultant Psychologists or from a Clinical, Forensic or Counselling Psychologist interested in working towards a Consultant position within specialist Hospital services for people with an Intellectual Disability. Most of all we are looking for an individual with passion and drive. In return, we will show a real commitment to train and develop you within what is an ambitious and exciting service that thrives on excellent care and treatment for patients.
Good working knowledge of therapeutic approaches, research and evidence based practices are essential for this role. Experience of working as part of an MDT and working directly with patients and staff is vital.
The ability to be innovative; a focus on quality; and being a team player are essential qualities for this post.
As the Clinical, Forensic or Counselling Psychologist at New Hall Independent Hospital your role will include;
- Working autonomously within professional and organisational guidelines and policy. Exercising responsibility for the governance of psychological practice within New Hall.
- Providing Psychological assessment, formulation and interventions to patients at New Hall and acting as a specialist resource to the wider professional community as needed.
- Developing Forensic assessment, formulation and interventions for people with an Intellectual Disability.
- Working collaboratively as a member of the Multidisciplinary team and in line with the organisational policy for Multidisciplinary Team working.
- Using research skills for audit, policy and service development and developing patient specific research within New Hall.
- Providing systemic support and training to the nursing and support team to assist in the delivery of effective care and rehabilitation of patients and the development of the Psychologically Informed Environment.
Benefits of Working with us:
- Competitive pay
- Long service reward at year 5
- Career development and training
- Work place pension
- On-site parking
- Preceptorship packages
- Free eye care vouchers
- Blue light card discounts
- Enhanced maternity package
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
Company Funded Benefits: Free DBS check, flu vaccination and Hepatitis B vaccination
Skills: Ability to understand the needs and difficulties faced by people with intellectual disability and autism, data collection and analysis, report production, ability to communicate to a high standard (verbally and in writing) and relate to others, competence in using computer software packages, word processes, spreadsheets and databases.
About the Service: Situated 5 miles from Wrexham, New Hall Independent Hospital provides locked rehabilitation and bespoke environments for people with intellectual disability and autism.
Equal Opportunities: MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to Apply: Please complete the short application and upload your CV, alternatively for an informal discussion about this role you can contact Dr Jonathan Nash on 01824 790600 or MHC Workforce Team on 01824 572 020.
(We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest).
We are able to facilitate interviews via our virtual platform, additional cleanliness measures have been put in place in all MHC services to ensure the safety of our residents, patients and staff is maintained. Masks are also available to all visitors.