Senior Speech and Language Therapist – New Hall Independent Hospital, Wrexham
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Desirable / Requirements: HCPC and RCSLT registration is essential
Hours of Work: 40 per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Benefits of Working with us:
- Competitive pay
- Long service reward at year 5
- Career development and training
- Work place pension
- Free meals and on-site parking
- Free eye care vouchers
- Blue light card discounts
- Enhanced maternity package
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Flexible working with opportunities for overtime
Company Funded Benefits: Free DBS check, Flu vaccination and Hepatitis B vaccination
About the Role: Mental Health Care (MHC) have an exciting opportunity to employ a Senior Speech and Language Therapist to provide a highly specialist Speech and Language Therapy service to adults with learning disabilities, mental health problems and Autism within MHC services. Although the post holder will be based at New Hall Independent Hospital, Ruabon, Wrexham, LL14 6HB the Senior Speech and Language Therapist will work across all of the MHC services.
Some of the key roles and responsibilities of the Senior SALT will include;
- Providing highly specialised communication, eating and drinking assessments and interventions to individuals who use MHC services
- Providing education, training, support and advice to colleagues and carers to enable them to provide the best possible care and quality of life for individuals who use MHC services
- To provide clinical supervision for the team of Speech and Language Therapy Assistants within MHX, and be a senior clinician within the organisation
- To manage a complex caseload of adults with communication and/or swallowing difficulties within independent hospital and residential settings
- To deliver a person centred service where individuals are involved in the development of their care plans and goals (where possible)
If you are an experienced Speech and Language Therapist with the ability to use skills appropriate to transfer to an adult learning disability/mental health caseload, we would like to hear from you.
Equal Opportunities: MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to Apply: Please complete the short application and upload your CV, alternatively for an informal discussion about this role you can contact MHC Workforce Team on 01824 572 020.
(We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest).