SUPPORT SERVICES COORDINATOR
- 40 hours per week
- £22,260 – £26,500 per annum (dependent on experience)
About the role
The Support Services Coordinator will assist in the Learning & Development department, Marketing, Reception, Estates, Placements, and Workforce. The Coordinator will be expected to complete a wide range of administrative tasks and ad-hoc project work as required. The role will require efficient and effective administration skills as well as a high level of attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
If you are naturally hard working with good communication skills, flexible and would like the opportunity to work in a busy and varied team, then this could be the job for you!
Duties and responsibilities
- Covering in all departments within Support Services as and when required
- Attending events arranged by and for MHC, providing professional representation of the organisation.
- Coordinate and administer digital and face to face training sessions, including CPI Verbal Intervention & CPI Safety Intervention (MAPA)
- To provide an administration service of typing of notes, creating letters, issuing of memo’s, emails, report writing and any other documentation as required within the Company
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team for various projects
- Attend key programme meetings and assist with determination of project requirements.
- Communicate ideas for improving project outcomes and opportunities and assist in developing this attitude in others.
- Carry out project work as prescribed to support regulatory compliance within all MHC services.
- Take administrative responsibility in the maintenance and upkeep of MHC’s internal systems including RIVO Safeguard system, Access ELFY, SALTO.
- Typing reports for reviews, meeting minutes, incident and accident reports as and when required.
- Carry out Night Continuity of Care Audits as required by the business.
What MHC can offer
It is an exciting time to join MHC as our new leadership team are looking for committed individuals who will genuinely care, support and protect the adults we look after. If you have the compassion, commitment and capability to work for us, we will give you a career that you can be proud of.
Through a combination of online learning, comprehensive training, coaching and a supportive environment, we’re committed to helping you flourish and deliver excellent standards of care to the people we support.
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive pay
- Long service reward at year 5
- Career development and training
- Work place pension
- Free meals and on-site parking
- Free eye care vouchers
- Blue light card discounts
- Enhanced maternity package
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Flexible working with opportunities for overtime
How to apply
If you are an experienced Support Services Coordinator, or if you feel you can make a real difference to the lives of others, we want to hear from you! Please complete the short application or upload your CV. Alternatively for an informal discussion about this role you can contact the Head of Support Services, Michelle Oatway on 01824 790 600 or alternatively, contact the MHC Workforce Team on 01824 572020.
MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
(All successful applicants must be at least 18 years old)
(We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest).