We are looking for Weekend Support Staff to join our existing friendly team immediately!
Benefits of Working with us:
- Meals Provided, On-site parking available, Enhancement for Night Shifts & Bank Holidays
- Work Place Pension with Legal & General
- Comprehensive Learning & Development Package, Progression Opportunities, Health & Social Care QCF qualifications
Company Funded Benefits: Free DBS check, Flu vaccination and Hepatitis B vaccination
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and empathetic individuals who are available to work weekend shifts at services on Highfield Park, Llangwyfan. There are a number of residential services on Highfield Park, each supports varied client groups covering all levels of learning disability, severe and complex behavioural problems, autism and secondary mental health problems. We are looking for individuals to join our existing dedicated, qualified and capable staff team who put the people living here at the heart of what we do, by supporting them to achieve their full potential through well planned support and care. We strive to help people remain as independent as possible and to maximise their quality of life.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Actively supporting the communication style and programme prescribed for any individual.
- Through training, mentoring, self-reflection and experiences, developing an empathetic approach to supporting the needs of individuals.
- Provide skilled support which positively impacts individual’s health and wellbeing, whilst enabling people to fulfil their potential.
- Developing person centred working relationships with individuals, utilising Autism specific approaches and evidence based methods, these interventions may utilise approaches such as the SPELL framework, TEACCH and other such frameworks.
- Enable residents to lead a meaningful life through the implementation of a person centred support plan.
Skills: Strong communicator, creative, motivated, ability to cope in challenging situations, understand and support individuals to lead a good quality of life whilst achieving positive outcomes along the way.
Salary: £8.76 – £9.50 per hour
Desirable/ Requirements: QCF Level 2 Health & Social Care or willing to work towards.
Hours of Work: 7.5 – 15 hours per week (weekends)
Contract Type: Permanent
Equal Opportunities: MHC are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for this role regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to Apply: Please complete the short application and upload your CV, alternatively for an informal discussion about this role you can contact MHC Workforce on 01824 572 020.
We are able to facilitate interviews via our virtual platform, additional cleanliness measures have been put in place in all MHC services to ensure the safety of our residents, patients and staff is maintained. Masks are also available to all visitors.
*Please note, successful candidates must be aged 18 or over*
(We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest).