Greenfield Valley Heritage Park have had some amazing volunteers from Glyn Rhosyn visit their site to help them with lots of tasks that they need to get on top of.
The team at Greenfield Valley would love to extend this volunteering opportunity to all services that are within distance to the Park and would be interested in volunteering.
The group of volunteers from Glyn Rhosyn have been loving their time helping out at Greenfield Valley. It has given them something to look forward to and is so rewarding to see the progress they are making for the local community! Volunteering at Greenfield Valley could include:
- Picking apples from the orchard (which you can take home!)
- Weeding overgrown areas
- Prepping and painting gates and fences to give them a new look
- Planting seeds and bulbs to help decorate flower beds
- Maintain flower beds to make sure they don’t overgrow
- Litter picking in the public areas
- Tend to the animals – there are pigs and ducks that love people!
There is so much to be done to make sure the Heritage Park gets back up and running like it was before lockdown and the team need your help. There will also be undercover areas to volunteer in to make sure everyone stays dry! Equipment and protective clothing will be provided.
If you’re interested in volunteering, get in touch with Douglas, the Site Ranger, who will be able to organise your volunteering visit: Douglas.Don@flintshire.gov.uk